- Causes us to come face to face with our own imperfections
- Catapults us into a place of humility
- Confines us to a time of restoration and building
- We find that we are emotionally dependent (my feelings depend on your actions or our interactions)
- We are preoccupied with the needs and feelings of others… (this is a back door to get our own needs met)
- We have extreme rescue behavior (we think we are saving people, but we need to control other’s circumstances because we lack a sense of personal safety that comes from not feeling in control of our own lives)
Father, show me the broken places in my heart. Let me embrace your word that states you are near to me. Empower me to release my offense and my offender—for you have offered me great mercy, therefore, may I return in kind.